What is autism?
As parents, there is nothing happier for you than to see your baby grow rapidly each day. It is an indescribable excitement on behalf of the parents to witness that your little cub accomplishes new things every day.
Your baby's first smile, the first reaction, the first meaningful sound, and even all kinds of communication has a very meaningful for you.
However, some children may develop differently than their peers. Difficult to communicate, not responding, repetitive movements, anger attacks, such as the behavior of the baby normally behaves and reacts differently from children autism symptoms should be investigated.
Thus, a diagnosis can be made as soon as possible and education can be started in order for the child to gain his / her independence later on.
What is autism, what are the causes and symptoms of autism, how can it be treated?
Autism Spectrum Disorder
You began to observe unusual reactions and behaviors in your baby, you consulted your doctor and your doctor diagnosed your baby with autism.
In order to learn how to live in a situation that will affect your child and your family for life N What is autism? ” will be very useful to grasp the answer.
Autism, also referred to as 'Autism Spectrum Disorder' in medicine, is a kind of neurodevelopmental disorder.
This disorder, which usually presents within the first 3 years of childhood, is a life-long condition that prevents different parts of the brain from working at the same time.
It may cause problems such as difficulty in communicating by affecting the neural structure of the brain, problems of interaction with the social environment, and repetition of the same behaviors.
Children with autism may have different characteristics.For every child with autism, the challenges and strengths can vary. For this reason, if you have an autistic child, you will be able to improve the quality of life by trying to strengthen the areas in which she has difficulties and directing her to areas where she is well.
What are the symptoms of autism?
What Are Early Age Autism Symptoms?
It is very important to make early diagnosis in autism by discovering the symptoms that occur at an early age. In this way, rehabilitation and training support can be started as soon as possible.
Well baby symptoms with autism What?
- The fact that he doesn't seem to hear the word,
- Not responding or looking at the name,
- Keep your eyes stuck on something or object for a long time,
- Inability to show what he wants with his finger,
- Being late in the conversation according to his peers,
- Inability to make eye contact,
- Not knowing how to play with toys,
- Overreacting against changes in order,
- Lack of facial expression,
- Not reaching out and reacting to you when you try to embrace or lift it,
- Making repeated motions such as swinging and clapping their hands and continuing these movements,
- Being indifferent to the people around him or his peers,
- Delay in making sound,
- He lags behind in crawling and rolling gibi
Diagnosis of autism in infants may be late due to the difficulty of observing symptoms.
By the age of 3 baby autism symptoms If you have one or more of them, you need to take action to make a diagnosis, go to a health professional or pediatric neurologist.
Causes Causing Autism
One of the main concerns of families with children with autism is the cause of autism.As a result of the researches carried out by experts until today, no definite result has been obtained as to what causes autism.
It is believed to be a genetic disorder due to a congenital disease and to cause brain cells to work differently as a result of damage to the brain. It is also estimated that environmental factors trigger the disease. For this reason, it is not possible to say certain things such as 'autism causes this situation'.
Because there is no clear information on this issue, misconceptions may also arise by families or their environment.
False Assumptions Caused by Autism;
- Measles, mumps and rubella vaccines administered in infancy,
- Consanguineous marriage,
- Incorrect practices during pregnancy,
- Drug use,
- Parents of different racial or ethnic backgrounds,
- Factors such as the social and economic status of the family,
They are not factors that have an impact on autism, but are false assumptions.
Symptoms of Autism in Elderly
Autism in children is usually diagnosed at an early age.However, in some cases, autism symptoms may be seen and diagnosed in later years.
These symptoms include;
- Repeating the same words in irrelevant places,
- Overreacting to events that occur outside the familiar order,
- Excessive sensitivity to loud sound, noise, light or odors,
- Stay indifferent to the games played by peers,
- Inability to make friends and to be indifferent to peers,
- To show behavioral disorders such as harm to himself, his environment and things,
- Obsessed with certain objects (constantly attached to the same object),
- Repeating what is said,
- Using inverse pronouns,
- Talking with emotionless and wrong intonations
- Repeated movements (such as turning lights on and off, turning cabinets on and off),
- Overreacting to something told to him by someone else,
- Refuse to communicate,
- To want to be alone and act asocial,
- Difficulty in starting the conversation and not being able to continue the conversation,
- There is a lack of empathy.
In general, this is the behavior observed in autistic individuals, you are the best person to observe your child first.
If you are observing these symptoms, consult a specialist.
How to Treat Autism?
Autism is a neurological disorder that is diagnosed at a young age and persists for a lifetime. Because there is no known treatment for autism.
Only in some cases can a doctor prescribe medication to reduce the effects of symptoms. These drugs aim to keep the child calm, to reduce the frequency and effects of seizures if they have a seizure and to limit involuntary movements.
Treatment of autism The reason for the development of this disorder is that the main cause of this disorder is unknown.
Although autism is an incurable disease, some measures can be taken with special training and rehabilitation support. The earlier these training starts, the sooner it will be useful to develop the child's skills.
One of the most common symptoms in children with autism is late speech or non-speech. Speech therapies may be used to help eliminate this difficulty in speaking your child.
Physical therapy can be applied to people with autism who have poor motor skills and who have difficulty managing their own individual tasks.
Special Education for Children with Autism:
These trainings aim to help the child to control his / her behaviors, adapt to the society and communicate better. With behavioral education, it is possible to take your child's social skills to higher levels.
Is Autism Genetic?
Autism is thought to be a genetic disease. Although there is no known cause, it is believed that it is caused by the effect of a damage on the brain nerves, which supports a genetic disorder. However, the gene or genes that cause autism are not fully known.
Autism, which is thought to be linked to more than one gene, is thought to be an inherited disease in the studies conducted on siblings and twins. Because these brothers are at increased risk of autism.
your child autism If you are diagnosed or suspected of this situation, you may find it difficult to have your pup at first. But keep in mind that this situation is not terrible, and if it is taken care of without getting tired and it is possible to bring your child to society with a good education. Never give up and remember that this can happen to everyone!
Every child, every person in the world is different and very special birbir
The world is beautiful with these differences!