We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
0-6 Month (Newborn) Infant Nutrition
Hello to everyone!
During the first six months after birth. physiological and psychosocial needs alone breast milk, which meets perfectly, plays an important role in establishing the bond between mother and baby.
Breastfeeding alone for the first six months, breastfeeding with additional nutrients after the sixth month continues and breastfeeding continued until the end of two yearsprovides numerous benefits to the baby.
The benefits of breastfeeding are not only limited to breastfeeding, but also have a significant positive impact on advanced life health. Therefore breast milk for laying the foundations of healthy life The importance of nutrition with.
Breast milk; energy, protein, fat, carbohydrates and other essential nutrients all together in a baby that provides growth and development, high bioavailability, easy to digest a unique liquid.
Breast milk is a miracle, Even a drop of breast milk is very valuable for your baby.Cute Info! Every mother's milk is unique to her baby.
Depending on your baby's premature or late birth, weight, the amount of fat and protein that the digestive system can accept, and even what protein and fat content it needs, it can miraculously change.
Breast milk, it is the most important, most suitable food for your baby. Always fresh, clean and ready to be given to the baby; therefore breastfeeding is a cheap and simple method. Even the healthiest food produced cannot be developed to mimic breast milk.Attention! Breast milk is the most ideal food that can be given to babies for the first six months.
Breast Milk Content
Immediately after birth, colostrum to milk secreted in the first 1-5 days It called. Its color is yellowish. It contains high amounts of protein, fat and carbohydrate content is less than mature milk.
- Protects the baby from bacterial and viral diseases, protein, fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and antibodies are higher.
- Colostrum covers the baby's gastrointestinal tract by forming a mucosal layer with immunoglobulins.
- It protects the baby against microorganisms coming from external environments.
- Cleans meconium (first poop).
- Makes it easy to prevent jaundice.
- It protects the baby from infection and allergies with its antibody content.
It is the milk secreted on 6-14 days after birth. More than colostrum fat, lactose, vitamins and more calories It contains. During this period the breasts become larger, firmer and may be uncomfortably painful. Breastfeeding the baby regularly will reduce the feeling of discomfort.
From day 15 after birth is the milk secreted to the end of lactation. Ripe milk is thinner and contains more water than transition milk. As your baby grows, the milk content changes. When your baby starts to eat additional food, the amount of milk changes.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for the Baby
- In terms of health reduces the risk of acute and chronic diseases.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Strengthens the mother-baby relationship.
- Improves speech.
- Visual acuity is more.
- Breastfeeding The taste changes from time to time to allow the baby to recognize the tastes.
- Helps the baby's mental, physical and intelligence development.
- Attention deficit syndromeBreast milk intake is important in cases like apathy and apathy.
- Jaw affects tooth development in a good way.
- Infants who take breast milk are more docile and stress-free.
- Growth factors, provides organ and tissue maturation.
In the researches, benefits of breast milk to the baby It is not only limited to the active nutrition process, but also has positive effects on the health of adulthood. It is stated that breast milk has positive effects on adult cardiovascular diseases (hypercholesterolemia, arteriosclerosis, hypertension), obesity, metabolic syndrome, allergic diseases, cancer, autoimmune diseases and cognitive development.
Benefits of Breastfeeding to Mother
- Breastfeeding, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrium (uterine layer) cancer and risk of developing breast cancer reduced-tr.
- Breastfeeding, the mother will appear in the future bone resorption (osteoporosis) Preserves.
- Breastfeeding helps the uterus to recover, protecting the mother from excessive blood loss and anemia.
- The rate of progression of endometrosis is lower in nursing mothers.
- Breastfeeding makes it easy to lose weight. Breastfeeding increases the woman's daily energy requirement by about 500-600 calories. A healthy and properly fed mother consumes energy during breastfeeding and uses adipose tissue for milk production lose weight more easily.
- The uterus grows during pregnancy and requires a miracle to shrink, breastfeeding. During breastfeeding, the hormone oxytocin is secreted and oxytocin is contracted in smooth muscles. helps shrink uterus.
- Iron stores lost at birth by breastfeeding are refilled in less time.
- Your mother's diabetes the daily insulin requirement is lower as long as it is breastfeeding.
- It helps to develop a sense of motherhood.
- Breastfeeding strengthens the bond between mother and baby.
- Suckle for mom is a natural sedative.
- The breastfeeding mother does not need to investigate which brand is more nutritious. Breast milk it can never be imitated. Therefore, mothers who are not breastfeeding are researching which brand is better for their babies and mothers who choose breastfeeding while they are tired. that their babies are fed with the best food make sure.
You can review our breastfeeding guide for mothers who will help you during breastfeeding.
How should the frequency of newborn breastfeeding be?
After birth the first 2-3 days your milk may come less, It reaches 700-800 ml / day in 4-6 months. As the baby suckles milk comes in and the nipple receptors are stimulated. Therefore, the baby should be breastfed frequently. The idea that the baby's rest is caused by breast milk prevents the formation of milk and breastfeeding. Milk release depends on the baby's ability to suck.
Newborn baby before breast milk sweetened water, formula It should not be given.
Your first week stomach capacity is even smaller than a tea glass. Therefore, each time the baby cries, should be breastfed 8-12 times a day.
When your baby is one month old stomach capacity is 125-150 ml.Breastfeeding 6-10 times a day.
When your baby is three months old stomach capacity is 150-180 ml.Breastfeeding 4-8 times a day.
When your baby is six months old stomach capacity is 180-210 ml. It should be breastfeeded 4-6 times a day.
No mother's milk is inferior!
Baby about each chest 20 minutes, both breasts should be breastfed each time. If the baby is fed with one breast, the other breast should be given first at the next breastfeeding.
How is breast milk quality improved? You can watch our video.
How should weight gain in newborn babies?
Changes in the baby's weight should be monitored. When the dots in the growth chart are combined milk is enough if the line goes up. Breastfeeding may not be enough if the baby tries not to leave the breast.When the baby is 20 days old about 500 g weight gained breast milk is sufficient.
Newborns lose about 7% weight in the first week.
This situation as insufficient breast milk
It should not be interpreted.
Do I need to give water to the baby who gets breast milk?
87% of breast milk is water. Breast milk meets all the needs of the baby.
We do not recommend any nutrients other than breast milk for the first 6 months.
When to start drinking water You can watch our video and read our article.
How should breast milk be stored?
In some cases, the baby cannot suck or the mother may accumulate excess milk. In these cases, breast milk should be milked and kept until the baby suck. Especially working mothers are particularly curious about this issue.
Breast pump products for breast milk can be examined by clicking the link below.
//www.e- / sut-pump-c3789 /
At room temperature (19-26 ° C) 3 hours, 3 days in the refrigerator (<4 ° C), 3 months in the freezer (-18 ° C).
If you are not sure whether your milk is spoiled or not, you may not know it is smelling. Some periods of milk may smell different. The easiest way to do this is to see if a small amount of breast milk is boiled.
The bags used for milk storage should not contain BPA, BPS and special production for breast milk storage.
baby & me milk storage bag products can be used easily, you can reach the product by clicking the link below.
//www.e- / baby-me-milk-storage-bag-25-piece-p-bae-bsb25 /
If you want to review our other articles about breastfeeding, you can check out the links below 🙂
Nutrition recommendations during breastfeeding; // www. / Breast-feeding-the-eras onerileri /
Postpartum weight loss; // www. / Post-birth-weight-loss /
Get rid of your birth weight in 8 steps; Get Rid of Your Birth Weight in 8 Steps!
Leave a comment below this article to share your experiences with us. If you have any questions, you can ask our questions and answers.
Nutritionist Beyza Uyan